Friday, December 2, 2011

How to make my car be the ultimate handling car?

Better springs like Eibach. Better shock absorbers like koni? Also I want to insert better brakes. Any place online to get anti roll bar. I can't find my car Eibach and Koni for my car. The one I one. If I buy a different one than the one for my vehicle, will it fit. I also plan to get michelin pilot sport 16" to replace my 14" tire. Of course I don't expect it to handle like lotus exige, but I want it to handle much better.





This is the car I have. It is the first generation car that is listed there. So what things I left out for a better handling.Thanks!!





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_Satr鈥?/a>|||Of course, the real question is what's available?





Don't worry about name brands for now.





The first thing I would do is to try to increase the roll stiffness of the car. This can be done without much effect on ride comfort, so it's a total win. The best approach would be to uprate the anti roll bars front and rear. I'd go to a 19mm bar at the front, as on the Satria R3. Depending on how the bar is actuated, you may be able to add even more roll stiffness by using rod end links, rather than rubber bushings. You can replace the roll bar d bushings with solid aluminum pillow blocks. Finally, use a couple of shaft collars to prevent the bar from slipping left and right through the pillow blocks.





Figure out how much road clearance you have, and lower the suspension if possible, by installing shorter springs. You should find out how stiff your springs are in lbs/in or kg/cm. Then use springs that are about 20% uprated. Don't go below 5" of clearance, or you'll be scraping the road. Don't worry about the brand of springs, just worry about lbs/in. Koni's single adjustable struts are good choice, because they allow you to adjust bump on the car. What you do with shocks and springs on the front, you should also do in the rear.





If you have good roads and warm weather, consider going to wider tires. I'm not familiar with the car, so I can't make any recommendations. But one or two plus profile would work wonders.





The one question I have is camber. Ideally, you want about 1 degree negative camber at rest. If you lower the car, you may end up with too much. Not sure if there are camber adjustment mechanisms for this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment