Friday, December 2, 2011

Does Anyone know What Are My Rights? Not Aware I Bought A catagory C car from a lying private seller?

Hi,





I bought a car on ebay, in the listing it said HPI Clear and when I asked about the car they said it had no problems except a damaged door now to find out the anti roll bar is bent and suspention is damaged and a front wheel. Now two weeks later I get a letter from DVLA saying the car requires a VIC test as it is a Cat C Write off. Does Anyone know my rights?


They also sympathized with me when I told them about another car I had bought that was I write off that I had taken back when I picked the car up from them and also lied when I asked about the car when I got there saying theres nothing wrong with the car, now their saying it was sold as seen and they were unaware of it being a CatC...


I will be contacting consumer direct and trading standards tomorrow





The link to the eBay listing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26amp;item=150439242693%26amp;ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT|||Sorry...I could answer this question more intelligently if we knew what a "Category C" car was.|||private seller= AS IS .....so nothing...unless ebay is offering some sort of buyer protection which to my knowledge they don"t.....|||never, ever buy a used car without seeing it and driving it! you bought is as is and don't have any rights. take it as a lesson learned. oh wait you haven't learned this is the 2nd time you did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment