Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to enhance my car handling?

Better springs like Eibach. Better shock absorbers like koni? Also I want to insert better brakes. Any place online to get anti roll bar. I can't find my car Eibach and Koni for my car. The one I one. If I buy a different one than the one for my vehicle, will it fit. I also plan to get michelin pilot sport 16" to replace my 14" tire. Of course I don't expect it to handle like lotus exige, but I want it to handle much better.





This is the car I have. It is the first generation car that is listed there. So what things I left out for a better handling.Thanks!|||Simply put, better springs, shocks wheels etc. is not the answer.





The answer is to get a good set of springs that matches your car weight and weight distribution, shocks that match those springs, wheels and tires that match with those wheels and shocks. All of that has to match your driving style.





How do you take a corner? Do you slow down then accelerate when you turn? Or do you come in fast, brake hard then turn?





Also, take into consideration environmental factors. Are you driving on asphalt or cement? Is the road smooth or bumpy?





There are so many combinations possible and only a few of them will be to your liking.





Work on it slowly, one at a time. Start with the springs. If the springs suit you, then try changing the shocks. Then wheels and tires. Once you got it nailed, work on replacing the stock suspension parts with stronger aftermarket ones. Like the bushings, brake rotors, etc. The new parts will push the car to the limit and will take its toll on the stock parts.





Hope that helps.|||aftermarket shocks

No comments:

Post a Comment