Sunday, November 20, 2011

How to adjust tire pressure and anti roll bar settings?

Car: BMW 330i 4 dr sedan E46


Weight: 3280 lbs


Distribution: 50/50 front to rear





I have modified the car as follows:





Increased diameter of front and rear anti roll bars to 27 mm front and 24 mm rear (they are adjustable and both front and rear are set to full soft settings - least stiff)


I have added front and rear strut tower connector bars


I have added Bilstein Heavy Duty Gas shocks (automatically adjustable; no user adjustments)





Tires





I use stock sizes: 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear Continental Sport Contact 2s


The manufacturer recommends the following pressures: 30 psi front and 35 psi rear


I am running 32 psi front and rear





Question:





I want handling that is as close to pure neutral as possible


There are 3 settings on the rear anti roll bar. Should I adjust the rear to the medium setting? What will be the most likely affect? If it's close to neutral now, will this push the car towards oversteer?|||check your owner's manual

No comments:

Post a Comment