Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ford Ka - Anti Roll Bar Banging?

I have a P reg Ka and have replaced the "wishbone" on the N/S front wheel 3 times in less than one year. Has anybody else had similar probs. I have a constant banging from the underside of the vehicle which seems to come from this area - could it actually be the anti-roll bar? How difficult is it to repair? The ride is extremely uncomfortable particulary if I am carrying passenger/s.|||My wifes Ka developed the same noise even after replacing the 'wishbones' I have had the anti roll bar mounts checked along with the rest of the suspension.I have been told it's the n/s track rod where it attaches to the steering rack.These are not dear to buy but you will have to have the tracking realigned after fitting.


I had to replace wishbones after 7500mls(cheap aftermarket items! )|||the bar is broken and come away from its mount it needs replacing just had the same thing on my husbands car last week it was not too expensive but my husband did the job him self don't know how much a garage would charge.hope this helps a little.|||it sounds like something is broken if your not mechanically minded ask someone who is to take a look for you or take it to a garage some will not charge for looking and they can give you an idea of the cost involved





happy motoring|||possible causes- antinrollnbarnlink worn, inner anti roll bar bush worn, broken road spring, top strut mountain, lower wishbone/ball joint. these are all very common problems.|||i think this car needs to go to a garage as ie never heard of a car needing 3 wishbones in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment